Do you know what is the most popular drink in the world? That is right – green tea. In fact, it is said to be the second most consumable drink after water. In Japan, for instance, drinking green tea is vitally important as Japanese believe that it has the anti-aging effect and improves well-being. Scientists have conducted numerous researches to find out more about benefits of this magical drink and its useful qualities.
What is Green Tea?
You might be surprised but oolong, green, black kinds of tea take their origin from a plant called Camellia sinensis. Green one is produced from leaves that have an incredibly high rate of antioxidants, and are not fermented. Certain antioxidants can treat diseases and slow down the ageing process.
Reasons to Drink Green Tea
- Improving brain function. This drink contains caffeine, which will stimulate your brain and its activity. Of course, it does not have as much caffeine as coffee does but also increases the level of dopamine and norepinephrine. It also contains amino acid L-theanine that along with caffeine have an incredible impact on brain activity.
- Heart health. If you want to reduce the risk of heart diseases, drink tea due to anthocyanidin antioxidants. A huge number of medical studies have proven positive effect of this drink on cardiovascular health.
- Memory problems. In 2006, scientists from American Universities conducted a research and studied green and black tea. The results showed that both of them stop the breakdown of elements such as acetylcholine, which is connected with memory functions. Green also reduces the possibility of development of Alzheimer’s disorder.
- Minimizes the risk of cancer. Cancer is one of the plagues of modern society. You never know when and who can catch it but you can reduce the risk to be this person by drinking green tea. This kind of tea has antioxidants that reduce the possibility of cancer development.
- Kills bacteria. Certain elements in green tea are characterized by useful qualities that help protect you from bad bacteria. It can kill dental bacteria and various influenza viruses. Consuming green tea is a good safety measure that will protect you from viruses in autumn and winter.
- Losing weight. One of the qualities of this drink that most women adore is boosting metabolic rate, which is important if you want to lose some weight. It immensely helps decrease abdominal fat and waist circumference.
Green tea improves your health in general. It has a long list of useful qualities that greatly improve functioning of various organs and systems in a human body. What is the point of spending money on doctors and medicine, if you can improve your health by drinking green tea on regular basis? Choose a good quality drink and you will see how your well-being will improve with time.