Drinking tea is a healthy habit but not every tea is a good drink. Matcha is skyrocketing with its popularity among not only Japanese but also European people. It is surprising but this wonderful elixir of health has been consumed for many-many years in the Far East, and now has finally come to us. Numerous studies and researchers have proved its amazing benefits for health. This healthy tea takes its origin from Camellia sinensi. It is interesting that black and green tea is produced from the same plant. However, all these drinks are fermented in different ways. Matcha leaves are cultivated around 25 days before the harvest because they should not get under direct sunlight.
Health Benefits of Matcha Tea
The drink has a lot of amazing benefits if consumed on regular basis. Doctors have defined the major benefits of this miraculous tea:
- Rich in antioxidants. The tea is rich in antioxidants that beneficially impacts health. They stabilize free radicals that have a negative impact. In one of the studies a mouse was constantly given Matcha and, as a result, the damage from free radicals was considerably reduced.
- Protection of liver. The liver is one of the most important organs in human body. If it works inappropriately, the whole body will suffer. A miraculous green drink can protect liver and improve the state of diabetes patients. It simply washes away all toxins and helps process nutrients.
- Cancer prevention. Cancer is a plague of a modern society. You never know who can suffer from it, and never know what to consume to prevent it. Nevertheless, there are specific natural products that can greatly help prevent from cancer, and Matcha tea is on the list. It is high in epigallocatechin-3-gallate, that is characterized by anticancer features.
- Weight loss. If you are dieting because you want to lose some weight, you need to include Matcha drink on the list of daily consumed products. It increases metabolism process and speeds up fat burning. Combined with regular exercise and good food, Matcha will help you lose weight and look healthier.
- Heart disease. Heart diseases are a serious problem in modern society. Stressful work and being under pressure frequently lead to heart attack even among relatively young people. Drinking this marvellous tea reduces the level of LDL cholesterol and prevents its oxidation, which may lead to heart disease.
- Energy level increase. Just like green tea Matcha contains caffeine that increases energy level. But Matcha also has a combination of other nutrients that improve overall feeling.
Last but not least important feature of this drink is that it has a unique and amazing flavor. It is different from many other drinks and is good for any time of the year. Just sit, relax, and drink Matcha.